The Liebster Award – The Joy of the Home
I only heard of this award when I received my nomination, but what a great idea. An awesome way to find new blogs and for new and old readers to learn about me! I love the blogging love that this award is sharing, creating an opportunity for new bloggers.
Here are the Rules:
Here are the 11 questions that I was asked:
1.What is your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is smoked salmon! I love smoked salmon. I will buy it instead of a treat or a quick lunch at the supermarket. The only guilt I have about it is that is costs more than other treats like chocolates and donuts. So if need be, you could always pay me in smoked salmon and I would be very happy.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for about 5 years. I started as a bit of a diary about my thoughts on things using a free blogspot account. Over the last year I have been a bit more organised and got my own hosting. I decided to treat my blog a bit more seriously after having Marcella and I hadn’t blogged for a while but I keep seeing people coming to my page and checking out recipes and articles that I wrote.
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My Favourite thing about blogging is being able to share with all my readers the things that I have found useful on my journey of being a mother and putting life and health into the days I have left here, however many that may be.
4. How did you choose your blog name?
I choose the name for my blog based on the idea that I want life at my house to be joyful. Life is what we make it and we all have times of struggles, but at the end of the day I want to be able to find joy in the everyday things. The majority of our lives is made up of everyday mundane things, but it’s attitude that makes the difference. So The Joy of the Home was formed to help me remind myself to look for joy wherever I can.
5. What makes you smile?
There are lots of things that make me smile, but some of the funny things that my children come up with have to be at the top of the list. If you have children you will know that they come up with the funniest ideas, things that we wouldn’t even consider thinking about.
6. How do you take your coffee?
I am so not a coffee drinker. I’ve never enjoyed the taste of coffee. I did drink it once when I worked in an office and I made coffee for everyone else, so I started drinking coffee. I would have to have it with lots of sugar and milk and I came to the conclusion that if I could only have it with all the sugar and milk that I probably didn’t really like coffee. I’m more of a tea drinker, and I love herbal teas.
7. Where in the world do you live?
I’m a Tassie Girl! So I’m from Tasmania, Australia.
8. If you had 1 day to yourself, what would you do?
I’m not really sure. I know that I would most likely spend it on my computer doing bits and pieces on my blog, but later I would have wished that I spent it having a nice lunch with friends and catching up with everyone.
9. What is your dream holiday?
My dream holiday would be Travelling around Australia in a big bus exploring the country.
10. What is your favourite food?
Well I think I sort of answered this one in question one, but I am a surf and turf gal. I love seafood and I love red meat. So that is one of my most ordered dishes if I’m eating out someone good.
11.Are you a texter or caller?
I’m a texter, facebook messenger, emailer. I hate phone calls with a passion. I never answer the phone, if the phone rings it only gets picked up if someone else gets it. Most of the time it’s never someone that I want to talk to anyway, like a telemarketer.
Here are my 11 random facts:
- I am the youngest child of 5 children.
- My husband says “I’m passionate, knowledgable, caring and overly logical”.
- I’m only here because 134 people decided to donate blood.
- I watch movies I’ve seen a millions to go to sleep.
- I’m a bit of a telephonophobic.
- I am a Facebook Nut.
- I would love to own and manage a health retreat for families.
- I suffer from anxiety.
- I have Kidney damage from the delivery of my last baby.
- I have an awesome group of friends.
- My husband is my best friend.
Here are the 11 Blogs I am nominating:
- Changing Meal Habits
- Great Googa Moogas
- Adventure Baby
- Flying Start
- The Mums Word
- Rachel Stokes – Wellness and Nutrition
- Life Bubbles blog
- Rock Star Premies
- Saving Mummy
- Healthy Zest
Here are the 11 questions I’d like my nominees to answer:
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What started you blogging?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
- How do you take your coffee?
- What thing would you change in the world if you had one wish?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What is your favourite food?
- Are you a texter or caller?
Thank you for reading! Enjoy everyone!