HCG – Leek Soup with Roast tomato Chicken
HCG Phase 2 Recipe, Serves 2.
2 onions sliced
2 cup of sliced leeks
2 litres of Chicken broth (fat removed)
Herbs of choice, I used Basil, Sage, and a mixed herb blend.
1 TBS of Sweet Paprika
2 tsp of Mustard.
Salt to taste.
1. Put sliced onions and leeks into a pot with just enough broth to cover. Sautee in the broth for a 10 mins until the onions become transparent.
2. Add herbs and Spices, and cook for another 2 mins.
3. Add the remainder of the broth.
4. Taste and add seasoning.
5. Put through a blender to smooth.
Recipe serves 2
200 grams Chicken breast
3 TBS of tomato paste
1 Sliced Tomato
2 cloves of garlic – crushed or diced.
Sprinkle of salt.
1. Put breast into a baking dish.
2. Spread Tomato paste over the chicken breasts.
3. Place sliced tomato over the breasts.
4. Sprinkle with garlic cloves, and seasoning, and add water to the pan, about half way up the chicken.
5. Put in an oven 180c for 40 mins.
6. Turn Chicken breast over, and bake for another 10 mins.
Serve Soup in a bowl with slices Chicken breast, Spinach, and Steamed Zucchini. Then spoon the juices from the chicken pan over the chicken. Keep any remaining juices for another dish.
This is another dish that I changed up so the whole family could enjoy it.
If you give it a try, let me know what you think.