Not to mention a great way to use up the stalks that usually end up on the compost!
It is a quick and easy recipe and the beauty of it is that you can include ferments into meals without anyone really knowing. Always a win with children!
- 2 TBS of whey or another starter culture such as beet kvass or whey
- 1 large bunch of rainbow chard
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of coriander seeds.
- Remove leaves from the chard
- Add the chard stalks, salt and coriander to a 800ml jar.
- Add whey or other starter culture and fill the remaining of the jar with filtered water, leaving some headspace.
- Seal the jar and let sit on the bench for 3 days.
- Remove to cold storage and start consuming. May last up to 9 months.