Fermented Cherry Tomatoes
When they are in season they come thick and fast, so having some tomatoes recipes ready to go always comes in handy, and what better way to have tomatoes then to ferment them and add there nutrient content.
- 3 Cups of Cherry tomatoes or enough to fill 800- 1L jar
- 2 TBS of salt
- 3 cloves of garlic slices
- 1TB of mixed Italian Herbs
- Add tomatoes, salt, garlic and herbs to the Jar.
- Add whey or other starter culture
- Leave to ferment on the bench for 3-4 days
- Move to cold storage. In cold storage they can last up to 12 months.