Fermented Capsicum Sauce.
Fermented Capsicum Sauce
I was at my local Veggie Shed the other day and I saw they were selling capsicums in bulk, for a low price. So I grabbed a box and dreamed up this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much we do. Oh and don’t tell your visitors if fermented and they will love it too. 😉
4 Red or Yellow Capsicums
1 bulb of garlic
Salt to taste
¼ cup of whey
1.Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut Capsicums into quarters, place the capsicums on a large baking tray, and the garlic on a small baking tray.
3. Roast on 200 C, turning the capsicums once, for 45 minutes.
4. Place the capsicum quarters in the bowl of a food processor with garlic and process until smooth.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow to cool and then add whey Leave to ferment at room temperature for 2 days.
7. Move to cold storage, will last 2 months.
Breakfast, eggs, sugar free bacon, GAPS snags, with awesome ferments. Cultured red onions, garlic cherry tomatoes, fermented capsicum sauce. Yum!